O-ring help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rescue15

Contributor
Reaction score
I am trying to modify my D cell mag for diving. I am having trouble finding the proper o-rings. All the places I have called have a minimum order (usually $50) or don't stock the size.

I am trying to find the ones recommended by Packhorse...

NBR 70 124 (1-1/4 ID X 1-7/16 OD X 3/32 W)
NBR 70 48mm x 2mm (for this one a NBR 70 133 would probably work too -1-13/16 ID X 2" OD X 3/32 W

and this for the canister
NBR 70 227 (2-1/16 ID 2-3/8 OD 1/8 W)

Can someone please help me out?
Point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Steve

I guess I just need to bite the bullet.

It all seems so wasteful... the places that will sell you a couple of each size have a minimum purchase and then a large shipping and handling charge...clearly telling the consumer they really don't want to be bothered with small orders. Then there are the ones that have reasonable S&H but want to sell you 100 of each size. That will last me longer than the life of the light...even if I change the o-rings every month!

Is there anyone out there that has bought a large package willing to sell me something like 4 of each size o-ring, and drop them in the mail for $5.00? That works out to $3 for the o-rings and $2 for an envelope and a stamp.

Steve

Why not just check out the parker o ring catalog:
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.optics.arizona.edu%2Foptomech%2Freferences%2F423%2520references%2FParker%2520O-ring%2520handbook.pdf&ei=OwOjScC_I4K2sQOKj8zGCQ&usg=AFQjCNFwjIs6Uq__cZ1Ti7JXgOYKri1ABA&sig2=yj4Lbezr0gWXqDCx7PXIKQ

This will let you size your own o-rings, easily done with a caliper. Also if you are really stuck on trying to find a particular size of o-ring order "o-ring cord" of the right diameter, cut it to length and glue it together, voila, custom size o-ring. Cord is basically o-ring on a spool.

DeNomad

Why not just check out the parker o ring catalog:
Redirect Notice

This will let you size your own o-rings, easily done with a caliper. Also if you are really stuck on trying to find a particular size of o-ring order "o-ring cord" of the right diameter, cut it to length and glue it together, voila, custom size o-ring. Cord is basically o-ring on a spool.

I know what o-rings and their sizes I need. I can't find anyone to sell me a small number of them at a reasonable price.

Thanks,
Steve

Back
Top Bottom