O-ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt_unique:
To double check the obvious....are we talking about a Sherwood regulator?

--Matt

No, Aqualung Titan LX. It seems like the water couldn't get in to my first stage at least. That's good! It may be the yoke. Both tanks are new. The regulator is also.

divechilly:
No, Aqualung Titan LX. It seems like the water couldn't get in to my first stage at least. That's good! It may be the yoke. Both tanks are new. The regulator is also.

I've seen a new regulator come through with a damaged face on the yoke nut mating surface. It's worth a look.

Try hooking up your regulator to a tank that you know is not a problem out of the water, and then spray some soapy water (mild soap, just enough to do the trick) around on the first stage (after pressurized) to see where the leak is coming from. There should be bubbles where there is a leak.

If it is coming from where the first stage connects into the tank valve, after disconnecting, check carefully to make sure there are no major scratches where the regulator connects to the valve, and make sure there are not deposits of gum, etc. on there. If you see any deposits, clean without scratching.

If you see no scratches but you keep getting bubbles, and if you have ruled out the o-ring in the tank valve, the leak could be coming not from where the regulator connects to the tank but from inside the regulator. Time to bring it to the shop.

If it is leaking from where a hose connects to the first stage, it could just be a bad or pinched o-ring there. No big deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom