Oahu Hawaii now has a liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hakuna Matata

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Aloha all, I wanted to let everyone on scubaboard know about Oahu Hawaii finally having a liveaboard. The difference between us and an operation like Aggressor is the size. Our trips have a minimum two day requirement and have a maximum of four divers. Our trips are much easier to book as we dont have to adhere to a yearly fixed weekly schedule.

Please visit our website and feel free to call or email us with any of your concerns. The site is mostly completed, but trust us the ammenties on the boat are designed to provide you with the comfort from a luxury yacht but deliver a dive trip that soon wont be forgotten. Last but not least my favorite, eating. Hakuna Matata has a full time gourmet chef onboard. Hunger is something not allowed on the boat.

Sincerely,
Capt. Jack
Hakuna Matata Charters

Most liveaboards are closer to 3or 4 hundred a day, 6 is ridiculous. Diving in Hawaii is good, but not that good!

Uuuummm, $2400 per day for 4 people???:confused: That sounds a bit steep.

Most liveaboards are closer to 3or 4 hundred a day, 6 is ridiculous. Diving in Hawaii is good, but not that good!

I understand where you are coming from, but as diesel fuel pushes closer to four dollars a gallon and allready the local day boats not willing to go to pristine dive sites because of the amount of fuel well, we have that covered.

Small personal groups, the boat not being hindered by a pre set yearly schedule, the
availability to engage in other activites during sea surface times or non dive times, (fishing in Hawaii) inter-island trips, well the list goes on. Last but not least on Hakuna Matata you will never pay a fuel surcharge or other hidden expenses at the time of boarding.

Sincerely,
Capt Jack

Yikes, seems very pricey to me as well! With so many places to dive that $600 a day/person seems excessive.

Hey - the price is up front. Too high or too low - the market will determine over time!

BTY - Too high for me also but I might not be in the target market group!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom