Oahu water color

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dirty-Dog

Frequently Censored
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We're heading to Oahua for our first ever Hawaiian dive trip and just booked 10 days with Scotti the Duck based on reuptation here.
All our other dives have been Carribean. I've got a red filter which does an excellent job in those waters.
Is this the correct filter for Oahu diving, or do I need to get a different color?

Thanks. :)

Of course. I don't generally find the filter necessary in less than ~25FSW. I just recall reading that in some areas (like the PNW?) an orange filter works better than red. :)

most of the people I know that use said filters do so to compensate for natural light. I personally do not use them as they tend to add unrealistic color....but thats just me.

actually no... just noticed every post on here is for him and he's the only shop that comes on here..

I just want to share my observation..
If I wanted to bash him I would say something negative about his company..but I didn't..he runs a ok company...as I say ok.. I mean its ok..not the greatest company on earth like everyone on SB trys to make it out to be witch makes me believe its all bs.

Let me guess - you run a less-than-successful dive business here on Oahu? :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'll leave you to your compulsive need to comment, then. You do realize that you're posting this in a thread solely discussing light filter use in Hawaii, right? Just seems... weird.

ok dr kevorkian,
did you read the first comment?
here it is again for you...
"We're heading to Oahua for our first ever Hawaiian dive trip and just booked 10 days with Scotti the Duck based on reuptation here.
All our other dives have been Carribean. I've got a red filter which does an excellent job in those waters.
Is this the correct filter for Oahu diving, or do I need to get a different color?"

I even highlighted the area with bold letter for you incase you have a hard time reading.
seems to me your the strange one since you have his url in your signature and you reply to every message I write accusing me of being part of an unsuccessful dive company haha...
Well, I'll leave you to your compulsive need to comment, then. You do realize that you're posting this in a thread solely discussing light filter use in Hawaii, right? Just seems... weird.

---------- Post added February 26th, 2013 at 09:40 PM ----------

just seems like every post i read like you said having nothing to even do with him since this is a question about discussing light filters but somehow does promote his business.... anyways just my observation..

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever floats your boat and/or sinks your drysuit, kiddo. Though I'm pretty sure nobody's ever confused me for Gabe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom