Observation about this forum... curious?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure... I'm not personally so evangelical about them that I'll make the recommendation where it isn't warranted. I just thought I'd point out some of the reasons that people get so enthusiastic.

It's a very easy setup to be enthusiastic about... not at all like the spare-air. :wink:

MSilvia:
It's a very easy setup to be enthusiastic about... not at all like the spare-air. :wink:

LOL. I gotcha!

FWIW, I have used a system that was very close to a BP&W - it was a Dive Rite gizmo thing and I did not care for it at all.

MSilvia:
Assume you asked me if you should buy "car A" or "car B", which were similar to what you used in driver's ed, and which the only dealership you asked assured you were both very good and very popular.

If I had had a bunch of problems with those sorts of cars, but knew of a "car C" that had better gas mileage, better performance, was so reliable you'd never need a mechanic, had all the available options you could want, and cost about the same as the other two choices, wouldn't you want me to mention it?

That's sort of how I feel about diving with a BP/Wing. I've owned my share of other BCDs, but I'm convinced it's a much better value and a much more versatile and enjoyable option than any comparably priced jacket or back-inflate system. If you ask about something similar to things I've had less than satisfactory experiences with, my natural inclination is to share my best solution.

Some divers say they don't want one, but that may only be because they haven't yet realized that they really do. :wink:
I wasn't interested in one either, until I eventually realized it was exactly what I'd wanted all along.

Oh yeah, and I never met, interacted with, or recieved any checks from JJ, despite what the great anonymous IndigoBlue might have you believe.
Thank you for informing us all about what we should want if we would really know what to want :wink:

Everyone has their opinion and for good reason I'm sure. I am still hunting and learning of the pro's and con's of BC's, but the advice I found most useful is to answer the question of what type of diving you do and what you will need. A little due dilligence up front will satisfy you down the road. If you are still in search of a BC, go rent a few from a shop and see what you like

pw1981:
LOL. I gotcha!

FWIW, I have used a system that was very close to a BP&W - it was a Dive Rite gizmo thing and I did not care for it at all.
I bet you use a computer as well :wink: when 90% of scuba boarders know the only computer you need is THE ONE BETWEEN YOUR EARS :11:
Dont forget "Using a computer or not using a BP/ wing will get you killed eventually, like maybe by the time you are 90" :eyebrow: :dazzler1:

And there you have it folks, "The Borg" has spoken. LOL

pw1981:
LOL. I gotcha!

I assume you mean the transpac. Trust me all though it is similar it is also very different than diving a BP. I know one of my buddies used to dive that rig.

Me too, used to dive a Deep Outdoors Matrix. Same thing, similar, but not the same.

Sorry to continue the behavior that the original post was all about, but I had to point out that although there are some modular design that are similar to a BP, they aren't as close as you may think.

grunzster:
although there are some modular design that are similar to a BP, they aren't as close as you may think.

I agree

LioKai:
And there you have it folks, "The Borg" has spoken. LOL
it was a joke thats why i said it would probably kill you by the time your 90!!!!

the Cube got close a couple of times but so far no nano probes in me :eyebrow:

I figured it was a joke, Albion. Before I responded, I checked your other posts to be sure. Your background check was clean. You have not been asimilated, yet. LOL

Back
Top Bottom