Ocean Hunter II in Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plc

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

Anyone been on the Ocean Hunter II in Palau? The prices I'm getting are more or less the same has Palau Aggressor...but I don't haw they compare?

Any feedback very welcome!

I was on the OH II in April. The boat carries 12 gueats and a crew of 5. The cabins are a bit on the small side but adequate and with their 5 dive a day schedule sleeping was not a problem. I would dive with them again.

The crew is great, food is outstanding and always available. The nice thing about the OH II is that they have a control console at the stern of the boat. Most dives were a giant stride off the diving platform and the crew could maneuver the boat right up to the reef to pick the divers up at the end of the dive. On the Aggressor equipment and divers have to load on to smaller boat for every dive. Not a huge problem really but it seemed like a hassle compared to the convenience of the OH II.

Dive sites will be pretty much the same regardless of which boat you choose and I suspect you will have a great time.

MJH - with which company did you book? Have you had a good experience with them in the past?
We can't decide between the Big Blue Explorer (or its equivalent for 2007) with the lower price for the cabin and the OH 1 for the high quality service reputation. Anybody who has been on either/both have any suggestions?

We chose the OH I on the recommendations of two couples we met on different trips. They both had a lot of live aboard experience and they said the crew was great and if you wanted to get a lot of diving in at spots the other boats don't go OH I was the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom