Ocean Master titaium knifes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea Monkey

Registered
Reaction score
I recently purchased 2 Ocean Master Titanium Knifes and one was 100% titanium while the other had what looked like a chrome plated end cap/ striker. This would seem to minus out the advantage of having a titanium knife in the first place don’t you think? If you own one of these knifes, what kind of end cap came with yours and how long ago did you buy it. Just wondering. :confused:

I just picked up my knife yesterday. It too has the chrome plated end cap. Additionaly, I was diving last knight, this morning I took the end cap off to give it a thorough cleaning (dive ended at 1:00a and only rinsed it off) and noticed some rust color buildup already... :)

Word of caution, make sure you pop the end cap off and give it a good cleaning after each dive...

--MichaelG

I’m sending the non-titanium knife back and have requested a replacement that is all titanium including the end cap. If I didn’t mind the hassle of disassembly and cleaning after every dive I could have just purchased a much less expensive model. I have also written to Ocean Master to see what they might have to say on the subject. I’ll update here if they send me a reply. If only the newer shipments have the chrome when maybe it’s the old “sub a inferior part to increase profit margin” game? :huh: If thats the case then be sure to check if the end cap is titanium before or at time of placing an order for a new model.

I haven't had any problems with corrosion with the end cap. I would be interested as well if they have a titanium cap for it now.

Have you taken it apart? Inside mine was a mess.

Yes I have, but I don't do much beach diving so I tend to collect less stuff in my equipment. The few times I did, it did collect a nice amount of sand under the cap. Don't forget you can take the front appart, and remove the blade from the handle.

I didn't mean sand. When I took mine apart it was a rusty mess inside, because of the non-titanium endcap.

can you buy another titanium end cap that will replace the chrome one on the origanal knife?

spearman:
can you buy another titanium end cap that will replace the chrome one on the origanal knife?

Last I checked they don't make the end caps in Ti.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom