Oceanic Atmos vs Zeagle Covert XC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

razorseal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys,

Long time diver that took a break for some time. Getting back into diving, and I'm going to get my advanced and rescue this summer I hope and go back to doing some dives.

I want to get a new BC as mine is pretty much done (an older Oceanic) that I had. my regulator (aqualung titan) is in great shape and was recently serviced, along with my tanks.

I am very interested in the Oceanic Atmos, but the Zeagle Covert XC has really also caught my attention.

Having a tough time trying to decide between a Hybrid Oceanic vs the back style BC...

any help is appreciated.

FWIW, I am used to jacket style, but wouldn't mind trying something different.

I have no experience with Oceanic BC's, but the Zeagle BC's I have had have been excellent, rugged, and very reliable. But, stand by, shortly there will be about 47 posts on here saying that unless you use a BP/W you will surely die.

I am very interested in the Oceanic Atmos, but the Zeagle Covert XC has really also caught my attention.

Having a tough time trying to decide between a Hybrid Oceanic vs the back style BC...
Between those two, I would definitely go for the Zeagle. I much prefer back inflate. Like most, I started with a jacket, but shifted to back inflate many years ago.

My buddy uses a Zeagle Covert (non XT) and likes it. A couple differences I noticed between his and the XT. The XT has trim pockets on the top band. His doesn’t. Instead, he threaded a couple pounds onto the non-cam band. Pockets with removable weights would be better. The XT also adds a right shoulder air dump compared to his.

I’ve been using a Zeagle Stiletto since 2015. It’s held up very well. No issues at all. Very rugged as it hasn’t exactly been babied, other than being thoroughly cleaned after use.

One other thing related to cleaning. Cleaning the inside of the BC bladder was always a task I hated. Until I got a Zeagle. The inflator on the Covert (and other Zeagle BCs) can be unscrewed from the corrugated hose. Then you can attach a regular garden hose to the corrugated and flush easily. Sure beats the fill and slosh method. Despite Oceanic and Zeagle being part of the same company, this didn’t make its way to Oceanic at this point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom