Oceanic Atom 3.0 Transmitter Not Avail after Battery Change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StevenLees

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just changed the transmitter battery for my Oceanic Atom 3.0. Everything was working fine for years prior to this. After replacing the battery in the transmitter, the computer can no longer locate it. Tried several other batteries. Transmitter is in HP port, valve is open. In dive mode, the pressure flashes 000 PSI for about 1 minute, then flashes - - - - PSI (4 dashes) from there. Has the computer possibly lost the pairing? If so, can I re-pair via the Atom vs PC (laptop)? I've read through the manual but can't find much in the way of troubleshooting this.

Thanks!
Steven

OceanLog software has been installed on my laptop and I've successfully synced the PDC data to the app. The transmitter is paired with the PDC. I can also see in the PDC where the serial number of the transmitter is set. Anyone know how to determine a bad transmitter? Or why changing the transmitter battery would cause this to occur?

Thanks!
Steven

You will need to go your local dive shop and borrow one of their wireless units to test with. Also is the battery in the right direction in the transmitter? Can you provide a picture of the PDC current code and the code on the transmitter?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom