Oceanic Atom Owners step in...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
So Tamas...

On a scale of one to ten... how do you rate it?
Sorry Pete, I missed this one.

On a scale of 1 to 10? I would say a very strong 8. While it is a very good dive computer with tonnes of features it has a few flaws:
* useless strap, only good as a wrist watch or on thin exposure suit
* wrist watch feature
* manual and watch/dc don't always jive
* smallish display at times (I am getting old -- but still good)
* transmitter can loose link when other higher electric/magnetic forces are around it, ie: dpvs or HID lights (my 24w interferes with it if the watch and the light are on the same hand)

...other then that I love it. I love the settings, the fact that I can tweak it the way I want it, multiple gasses, DECO capable, info there when you need it but not cluttering the screen (you have to press the button to see PSI left, but I do that at the beginning of the dive and at the end - spg gets used otherwise)

Overall a very good DC, but the best part is the company standing behind it! (Thanks Ron :D)

ps. no, I am not getting endorsements from Oceanic for promoting their product and giving them good reviews.....but maybe I should be?! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom