Oceanic Delta 3/DX4 or Zeagle ZX/DSV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KennyTS

Registered
Reaction score
I'm choosing between 2 regs for use primarily in warm water, but possibly some cooler water. Any suggestions/comparisons/contrasts between the Oceanic Delta 3/DX4 or Zeagle ZX/DSV would be greatly appreciated. As usual, I'm looking for something to last a long time and be flexible in use. I've researched them both "on paper", but I am looking for a much more informed point of view than my own.
Thanks!

I'd go with the zeagle. Like any other question both regs have pro's and con's but the Zeagle has been very reliant for me this year. Zeagle are usually good about letting you try gear before you buy it. Give it a try, you'll fall in love straight away.

I work on the Oceanics and I really like the DX4 and the Delta. Pretty simple reliable regs. I've seen them come in that haven't been serviced in years and they still work well. The Zeagles are good as well but I don't service them so I can't give you an opinion.

Scott

I've put about 100 dives on my delta 3/dx4 in the last 8 months or so, and it's performed flawlessly in everything from 88 degree tropical waters to 29 degree salt in the gulf of the st-lawrence. Been down to 180' with it, not a problem at all. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a high performance reg at a decent price. I can't speak for zeagle regs personally, but I hear they are the same as apeks, so in either case I don't think you would have any problem with either.

Back
Top Bottom