Oceanic PC cable repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, this is just to let all know the problem I had and how I solved.
I have an Oceanic Veo 180NX PDC and an Oceanic data cable.
I've been having problems to download my dives to the Oceanlog software in my PC with this cable.
I tried reseting the PDC several times, also changing the PDC battery and changing the PC with no luck.
The PDC was succesfully connected to the PC but when trying to download the dives I was having an error message saying that it was a wrong product.

The data cable connector to the PDC is a little box with electronics inside.
It has 3 pins that connects to 3 metal strips in the PDC side.
Those 3 pins has springs inside the box.
Somehow, one of the pins was bent and was not connecting with the corresponding strip in the PDC causing this error.
The little connector box has 4 small screws. Remove the screws and the top of the little box can be removed showing the electronic board. This board has also 3 copper strips where the springs connect.
Remove the electronic board and the 3 springs will be free and the copper pins can be removed.
20120627 - Oceanic data cable.jpg
20181221165342715-page-001.jpg

So, if you are having trouble connecting your Oceanic PDC to your PC, verify that the 3 pins in the Oceanic Data Cable are moving freely in the guides.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom