Oceanic Pocket Snorkel ~ Any Reviews/Feedback from Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rascal1933

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Thanks to all ScubaBoard Members who posted reply's on my previous thread on Folding BC snorkels!

Now i am Looking for feedback,comments from ScubaBoard Divers out there owning the Oceanic Model Pocket Snorkel (or) that have used/dove with it?

The Oceanic Pocket Snorkle looks to have the full features of a regular snorkle.
Purge valve, Dry top deflector,Drop away flex mouthpiece
and a Replaceable mouth piece
*With the added ability to fold it into my BC!

Let me know your Review/Comments on it please.

Question: How is the weight factor on your mask? ( light /normal /heavy?)

Cheers!
Rascal

Hi,

I got the Oceanic pocket snorkel, and have taken it on two dive trips in warm water so far.

So far, I rather like it a lot. As a snorkel, it works well (both for diving use, and snorkeling). It does fold up reasonbly small, though somewhat lumpy (so you will need a decent sized pocket, and it will take up space in it).

I like the mask attachment very well. It goes on easy, and holds well. Can't say how long it will last (all such velcro-like things eventually wear out), but it seems to be quite sturdy so far).

Drag/weight on mask is OK, middling. Being flexible in two places helps.

I expect to be taking it cold-water diving in the next few weeks, and will let you know how that goes. Cold-water wreck diving was what I initially purchased it for (don't want the snorkel on my mask around wreck, but did want one handy after the dive if things were choppy and I didn't want to use reg).

Hope that helps,
Walter

I took a look at your first post and saw you mentioned the AL Snap snorkle.

When I was looking for a snorkle to keep in my pocket I wanted the smallest one I could get and the Snap was it.

Oceanic makes good stuff and maybe the best snorkles but if you think you will be using it frequently why hasstle with taking it off... putting it on and etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom