Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1 (Quick Disconnect or No?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MissBubbles205

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good Morning Fellow Divers, (HAPPY FRIDAY)

Since I have been on a shopping spree this week and purchased all my gear except a computer... I have finally decided I need to go ahead and buy a computer.. The computer I have narrowed my search down to is the Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1.

I found it for an awesome deal.. But I am wondering... Should I get the quick disconnect or no? To get the QD, I'm looking at an extra $200 and I'm curious if there is enough justification to get the QD.

I think it is well worth it. If you hang up your gear in a gear room at a resort or dive shop you can take the computer with you. Also you don't have to lug your reg around when you are logging your dives. I find it very convenient.

What about flooding?... A guy from leisure pro told me he has heard stories of the quick disconnects causing flooding of the computer.. Someone mentioned to me about people pulling off computers and stealing them. Just wondering if that is an actual issue.

NO NO NO run like the wind away from that damn Q/C!!! Ok now that I got that off my chest, I must of gotten a bit lazy and not completely dried my connections once. And bam $150 for a replacment computer. Oceanic was very nice and quick about the replacement but I would rather have not found that out. I sold my Q/C on eBay and bought a standard hose. But I also know people who have had no problems for years. YMMV

I have not had any problems with mine. As far as stealing, that is one of the reasons I have the Q/C because I can take it with me.

Back
Top Bottom