Oceanic Pro Plus 2 Vs. the VT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The technician in my LDS thinks that Oceanic may be re-designing the Pro Plus 2 to match the other computers in the line. This may also be the reason that Oceanic now has the Pro Plus 2 on sale!

I have the pro plus II and while I may be a newbie diver, I still have bad eyes and the screen size is perfect for me. I looked into the VT3 but I was sold on the all in one console of the Pro Plus II as I could not see a wrist mount computer and a compass somewhere else. I thought it would be better to have it in one place. I have used it for one day so far and really liked the features and the screen size. Didnt have to squint once. I got mine on ebay for $500 for a brand new one. My LDS was shocked at the price and agreed that it was a deal that I could not pass up.

Good luck with your decision.

Another vote for Pro Plus2. I was reluctant to switch to air-integrated originally but now I love it. I'm am still a little leary of wireless and I would probably destroy a wrist mounted computer while lobster diving.
I would like to be able to monitor my pony bottle pressure.
The Pro Plus2 really shines during night dives. Very easy to see display.
Good Luck. I don't think you will be dissapointed either way.

The technician in my LDS thinks that Oceanic may be re-designing the Pro Plus 2 to match the other computers in the line. This may also be the reason that Oceanic now has the Pro Plus 2 on sale!

...can you offer any specifis on this re-design ? ...it sounds like you're saying they will be downsizing the unit/display ??? ...if that is the case, Oceanic is making a BIG MISTAKE !!!

The VT3 has been one of the best additions to my equipment line up. I am very happy with the functions and user-friendly aspect, although the manual is pretty thick. My only problem is that I dive in cold water with a hood and sometimes cannot hear the "beep" it makes (probably the 7mil xcel hoods fault).

Overall I am stoked on this computer and would recommend it to anyone who wants the freedom that it brings with one less hose.

-JC

I sure like my Pro Plus2. The large numbers are handy for my old eyes!

I have to say I agree!

I am a newbie diver myself... but I love this one. It makes it so easy for me to see at a glance everything I need to know. The numbers are large, the display is well layed out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom