Oceanic Pro Plus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have this computer as well, the big numbers was the clincher. I am very happy with it.

I am a new diver as well and I initially ordered the Aeris computer and then decided to switch and upgade to the to the Oceanic Pro Plus 2. I did not like the ergonomics of the Aeris computer design, especially with having the compass added. I had to keep turning it over to see check the air pressure. I like the display size of the Oceanic because I am not getting any younger. I would strongly recommend the air integrated (it was wonderful) and the quick disconnect features too. I used mine for the first time this past weekend - it was awesome!

Enjoy making bubbles ...

-amadeus

Amadeus023:
I am a new diver as well and I initially ordered the Aeris computer and then decided to switch and upgade to the to the Oceanic Pro Plus 2. I did not like the ergonomics of the Aeris computer design, especially with having the compass added. I had to keep turning it over to see check the air pressure. I like the display size of the Oceanic because I am not getting any younger. I would strongly recommend the air integrated (it was wonderful) and the quick disconnect features too. I used mine for the first time this past weekend - it was awesome!

Enjoy making bubbles ...

-amadeus

The Aeris AI is comparable to the Pro+2. There's only one screen on the front of the computer and you can see both computer face and compass when using it. You're clearly referring to a different Aeris computer than the AI.

Howdy

Just one thing to add...buy an extra battery for your "save a dive" kit. Nothing like the feeling of shelling out $100 for a boat trip and having you computer crap out on you in the middle of the first dive.

Easy swap out on the PP2.

Dane

Pook-60:
Howdy

Just one thing to add...buy an extra battery for your "save a dive" kit. Nothing like the feeling of shelling out $100 for a boat trip and having you computer crap out on you in the middle of the first dive.

Easy swap out on the PP2.

Dane

Dane--

What type of battery do they use, I looked in the manual it looked like there were 2 different kinds.

Please let me know as I do need to get an extra.

to add to the question on which battery do they use. i would like to know the shelf life of a unused battery in a save a dive kit?

Hi DiveMaven - you are correct. It was the Aeris XR 2 3 Gauge Nitrox Computer Console that I had orginally ordered. At that time I had not decided to go air integrated. During my checkout dives for my OW certification I saw an Aeris AI and decided that the larger display since my vision is not the best closeup. The AI would be a nice option if it had not been for my poor eyesight.

-amadeus

There is actually a cover, it was a thin piece of plastic in the package, I almost threw it away until somene told me it was there.

Back
Top Bottom