oceanic prodigy battery, easy quick question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vistasbelow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am going on a trip to mexico and I want to take back up batteries for my oceanic prodegy computer; I am trying to avoid opening it up just to see what type of battery it takes so can anyone tell me what type of battery and how many goes in it because I can not remember.

Thanks,
Tim S.

http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/us/media/wysiwyg/manuals/12-1880-r05.pdf

What the manual does not tell you is that the o-ring is a standard size 2-023. I do carry a spare o-ring also but have never had to use it.

So, you can buy the Oceanic kit for $20+ or a couple 2032 batteries for about $5 and the spare o-ring for less than a buck.

Another alternative is to get the battery kit from the guy on Ebay. Those come with batteries, O ring and grease. Out of curiosity, Tim, are you using the Prodigy as your main computer or a backup?

Adam

Ha, I thought I was the only one who still had Prodigies in my dive bag. Easy change out as long as you have a quarter to take the back cover off. BTW I use them now as back-up to back up's. They are only air and I use nitrox.

The Prodigy was my first computer and the first is always special. ...
Same here. Bought it when I got certified in 1999 ... I still remember that I kept reading the manual over and over .... and could never figure out what those compartments were. That was then.

Few years after .... the Prodigy was the first dive computer we put in the sim :D

Same here. Bought it when I got certified in 1999 ... I still remember that I kept reading the manual over and over .... and could never figure out what those compartments were. That was then.

Few years after .... the Prodigy was the first dive computer we put in the sim :D

I thought it was so clever how they used the nitrogen bar graph to tell when you're going into deco mode and also the stops you need to make.

So, you can buy the Oceanic kit for $20+ or a couple 2032 batteries for about $5 and the spare o-ring for less than a buck.

2032 batteries, that is what i was looking for. I would have had to walk a mile to get into my storage, dig out my dive gear and blah blah blah. I don't plan on getting that gear out until it is time to go. Thanks.

by the way, yeah, the prodegy was my first computer and I have always loved it. 19 years later it is still perfect, and easy to use. it is on my wifes gear who dives with me exclusively, and usually no more than a couple times per month, so it works great for that. I have had to replace my uwatec computers 6 times while I still have the prodegy as my back up.

Cabo Pulmo in 6 more days :D
Tim S.

It is the 2032 battery, we have them with the O-ring and grease

What the manual does not tell you is that the o-ring is a standard size 2-023. I do carry a spare o-ring also but have never had to use it.

Where do you recommend purchasing the spare o-rings? Are there local shops (Ace Hardware, etc.) that would typically carry something like this?

Back
Top Bottom