Oceanic PX3 First Stage...Info??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was needing another 1st stage to replace an old Cressi (SP MK5 clone) that LDS cannot get parts for anymore and found ScubaToys selling "used once" Oceanic PX3 first stages for $85 - $95. I pulled the trigger and ordered one but I don't really know what I'm getting other than balanced piston, 5 LP ports and 2 HP ports.

I plan on using my old Scubapro Balanced Adjustables with this 1st stage. I guess what I'm asking is how is the 1st stage performance? Is is on par with my Scubapro MK10's as far as 1st stage performance goes? I will not be diving in very cold water with it. Maybe 50's as cold as I ever get!

Let me know what you know about the PX3 first stage. I guess it should be supported (ie get parts) from Oceanic since it's current in their offerings...correct?

Thanks,
Jeremy

I don't know how the PX3 will perform as compared to SP and doubt that there will be a direct comparison between the 2. I have a PX2 and it should be very similar to your PX3 as I couldn't find any PX3 schematic to confirm. I have used mine in 45F water and 100ft without problems (Im not a deep diver). I have looked at the details and PX2 is almost identical to the Mk5 with a few additional parts, rings, near the HP seat, I guess to improve performance. The PX2 is also very similar to the Mk25 but Mk25 has more parts in it that I guess again to improve its performance. They are not identical, but the idea, design on the major parts are similar. This doesn't mean anything however as a slight difference in piston design, for example, could affect reg performance. It's a classic balanced piston design and I think you'll be happy with it. That's a good price too.

Edit: Parts are easy. Only a few O-rings and a HP seat (from manufacturer).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom