Oceanic Regulator First Stage Recall/Retrofit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to revive an obviously old thread, but I'm a new diver who is borrowing an Oceanic Delta 4 with the FDX10 from a family member to finish my open water dive certification. As I was trying to do research on the regulator, I discovered this recall notice and became concerned.

I wanted to check the serial number on the Oceanic website, but the only number listed on the 1st stage (FDX10) is a CE#... I couldn't find an 8-digit serial number on it.

There is an 8-digit # on the Delta 4 mouthpiece, is that what I should be using in the search feature on the Oceanic website or should there be a sn on the 1st stage unit? If so, where should it be located?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Never mind on the above question. I found the serial number on the 1st stage. I guess I just didn't look close enough the first time around. :idk:

I know this is an old thread, but I have a DX4 and and CDX5 and I just saw this recall information. I tried the link, but it is dead. Does anyone have any updated info on where to do the serial number check. I'm going to try Oceanic next.

I bought a second hand cdx5 and had it serviced recently. I have just checked the serial no. and it falls into the recall category. Does it need to go in?

If you have had the reg serviced within the last five years or so, the problem would have been fixed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom