Oceanic Voluntary Recall: Versa Pro revision 2A Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MsParamedic:
Should I be checking my VT Pro (hoseless)??

No. Just the Versa Pro is involved.

Doug Krause:
Consumers should immediately discontinue further use of Versa Pro 2A Dive Computers for User Selected Digital Gauge Mode operation (as a Depth Gauge/Timer) and take it to any Authorized Oceanic Dealer, or return it directly to the factory for an Upgrade to Versa Pro revision 2B. To locate an Authorized Oceanic Dealer closest to you, or instructions for returns direct to the factory, visit Oceanic’s web site at www.OceanicWorldwide.com.

If I take it to my local Bill Jackson's, are they going to upgrade the firmware of this 2A unit, or are they going to replace the unit with a new 2B unit, OR, are they going to send it to Oceanic for replacement.

I just want to reduce the "time to dive" factor. I use this unit at least once a week.

Thanks

They will send it to us and we will send a unit. If you want to speed it up send it direct and ask for a speedy replacement.

PM if you need any help.

Best,

Chris

FWIW, my LDS is sending mine back with several others. Oceanic told them to expect a 3 day turnaround & all that will be done is a software upgrade. I'm taking one to them tomorrow evening & will hang on to the 2nd until this one gets back.

bjpell:
I have one, but bought it from leisurepro.:devil_3: Dose that mean I'm SOL?:hmmm:
-=ben

Hi Ben,

Regardless of whether you purchased it new, used, or it fell from the sky into your lap - we will take care of this for you. I would assume that it would be easier in this case for you to send it directly to us for service. See the following page on our web site for specific instructions.

http://www.oceanicww.com/services_returns.html

Doug

I just have my versa pro serviced. The service was great!! They even call me telling me that they received my equipment and the turn around was fast. Great Job!!! on handling the recall.

islandguy:
I just have my versa pro serviced. The service was great!! They even call me telling me that they received my equipment and the turn around was fast. Great Job!!! on handling the recall.

I had mine done last month. Four day turnaround - and they even threw in a free hat!!!

Thanks!

Got my wife's back. Dunno if they replaced or reprogrammed it. The software serial number matches but the logged dives are gone, as well as my settings. Not a problem, just be sure to go over them when you get them back.

Mine is going back next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom