Oceanic VT 4.1 - VS - Oceanic Geo 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Geo 2 that I bought as a backup & wrist watch for dive trips. My son also used it as his primary computer. It's a great little computer that I would recommend for a great first unit for someone starting. It has plenty of features to grow with you and is small enough to wear as a watch on a dive vacation. The one thing it won't do is act as a pressure gauge, but you are better off using a standard gauge anyway. The price can't be beat for the features and size. I called ScubaToys.com and got a really great deal from them including fast shipping.

The compass works great. Easy to calibrate.

Wish I could say the same. Mine just says CAL "Face Down Until Beep"

I tried placing it face down on various even surfaces indoors as well as outdoors but the message never clears. Impossible to calibrate :no:

"face down until beep" means to place the unit face down on an even surface and do nothing else until it beeps, right ? Or is there something I am doing wrong ?

It is great to have goals and a direction that you want to pursue. You are a new diver and probably need some other gear as well, just go with the VEO 3.0. The VEO 3.0 is a 2 gas computer and there is a bungee mount that you can get for it so that you can eliminate (most cave/wreck divers do not prefer the wrist straps) the strap.

Back
Top Bottom