Oceanic VT3 linking issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just hope this can help someone in the future! Any kind of instructions on how the watch comes apart so I could DIY replace the light?

Do you do dives in low light conditions? The backlight on mine is pretty dim also, but I've never needed it except on night dives or cenotes. And on those dives it's plenty bright enough.

@Seville

I don't think there is anything you can do about the backlights, the computer is not serviceable. Oceanic and Hollis were purchased by Huish in 2017. The VT3 has been designated obsolete by Oceanic/Huish and is no longer serviced Service - Oceanic Worldwide

You can easily check your batteries by holding the side button down from the normal mode. It will display the computer battery and then the transmitter battery, as long as the transmitter is on/presurized

I think you will have to learn to live with the dim backlight or look for a computer with a brighter screen.
Agreed. I had a VT4.1, and the backlights were never very good. I noticed that they had stopped working while on a “night” dive* for a certification. I used my light for that dive. No issues at all during day dives. With a new diver in the family, I needed a new one, so opted for a full color screen this time.

Great computer, though. My daughter is using it still.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom