OceanLog 2.2.1 Beta Now Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm brand new to Oceanic. Just bought my Pro Plus 2 and tried downloading after 1 dive. This didn't work. Shop owner couldn't help and FAQ at Oceanic couldn't help either.

Just wanted to mention that I found the solution on this thread: I downloaded version 2.2.1 and this solved the isue for me.

Thanks guys

still waiting to get PSI values for the dive in the dive detail records.

am i the only one who cares about this?

Did this beta fix the Dive Detail problem. Every time I click Dive Detail, the program shuts down and gives an error (380) message.

ChrisMSD

I have yet to experience a shut-down related to the Beta-ware upgrade. There are still issues that need to be fixed. Thus why it's called "beta-ware". Looks good on appearance, functionality, and information from what I've toyed with it.

One positive improvement woudl be an AI type demo where the user has to actually do something in the demo to understand how the software works would be a great help. Though this might be a great idea, financially, it might not be practical as it could raise costs for both the company and the customer; none of us wants that issue.

The beta shows that I have more dives, dive time, and gas consumed for 6 months than for 12 months in the history page. I manually calculated it from an export, and it looks like the 6 month numbers are right.

Also, Medical Infromation (SIC) is misspelled on the buddies page.

The surface interval between dives is wrong. It almost looks like it's putting hours in the minutes position.

I wish I could just edit the gear info for each dive instead of having to create a gear bag. Maybe having the ability to copy the kit from another dive as a starting point. I'm always fine tuning, and adjusting my kit, and taking or leaving items based on conditions. It seams I seldom dive the exact same kit twice.

Ken

Ken, did you take into consideration that the Beta-ware has "sample" dives logged so you can see how the software is supposed to function? Those will be added into your dive log and air consumption as well if you didn't factor those in.

Two bugs I found with the Beta :
- With entering manual Dives, the minimum temperature doesn’t save
- When querying on buddy, the software shuts down with a run-time error 3075 and query expression "SPSI>0 and EPSI>0 and WORKINGPSI>0 and CYLINDERSIZE>0 And (DIVEID IN "Select DIVEID from BUDDIES And (BUDDYID = 6))) ;"

(pfweeew, cannot believe I just typed this)

To ChrisMSD: I have no problem clicking Dive Detail.

I ran into a bug where the average depth is greater than the max depth.

Dragon2115:
I ran into a bug where the average depth is greater than the max depth.

It seems to me the bug is the whole thing.
I just tried the last release : Oceanlog_2.1.1_Full.exe uploaded two days ago.

I'm a french customer (I know, nobody's perfect, but you got my money, right ?...)

It seems you have heard about metric, cause you offer the choice of units.
But you are still unable to cope with it.

You add releases after releases but it seems you make a point of keeping it wrong.

One never get any dive data when exporting after setting it to metric.
And when you toggle from imperial to metric & back you get nuts.

>> true temp 17°5=64°F becomes minus 30°F (rather chilly isn't it ?)
>> entering a value of 15 liters for the tank capacity will be corrected to 14.97 liters ????
>> sac calculation is a real non-sens too : one of my dives will display a sac rate of 8.49476 liters per minute which is rather high for me but makes sens (not talking about the significance of so many digits).
BUT the imperial display is diving for 34 minutes, with a 0,528 cf cylinder, at an average depth of 33 feet, SAC is 0,29998 cubic feet/minute :confused:

I discussed those issues amongst others with your France/Italy/GB representatives.

My idea is that YOU are in charge of testing your software.
You are asking for customers to do your own job.
Releases after releases you keep ignoring the job WE are doing.

should I really trust the diving software in my DC ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom