OceanLog/Atom 2.0 download issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bpawlows,
I hope that you don't give up on the Atom 2.0. I know that the handshake can be somewhat finicky, but both the pdc and the information that the software tracks is good.

The issues with the USB is not typically the mouse. It can be a PDA, iPod, or an external drive. I assume that you either restarted your pc or removed these USB devices by "safely removing hardware" and not just pulling on the cable.

bpawlows,
I hope that you don't give up on the Atom 2.0. I know that the handshake can be somewhat finicky, but both the pdc and the information that the software tracks is good.

i'm not ready to give up quite yet.

The issues with the USB is not typically the mouse. It can be a PDA, iPod, or an external drive. I assume that you either restarted your pc or removed these USB devices by "safely removing hardware" and not just pulling on the cable.

Good advice... and I'm ok there.
Thanks for the help.

a. Oceanlog briefly displays INVALID PROCESS. PROGRAM TERMINATED

I am curious to hear the solution for this, I am having the same problem trying to download from my Atom 2.0.

I am curious to hear the solution for this, I am having the same problem trying to download from my Atom 2.0.

Oceanic support suggests I change the battery even though it appears to be near full strength. If that doesn't help they suggest that I send the PDC in to them. I'm out of town until Feb 10, and won't be able to look at it until then, but will post an update to this thread when I do.

Even though my battery showed at near full strength as yours did, I replaced it anyway and it worked! Thanks for the help, I hope the same works for you.

-Melissa

Even though my battery showed at near full strength as yours did, I replaced it anyway and it worked! Thanks for the help, I hope the same works for you.

-Melissa

That's encouraging news! I wonder if it's the battery or just that the PDC needs a hard (power up/power down) re-boot? I'm tempted to just replace the same battery to find out.

i have more or less the same problem. having a lot of differculties to get the atom 2 and my pc to talk. (i have no ipod, use the usb cable only for download dive record or charging my phone, i sync my phone with bt) even ocassionally i get them conected, it only download 6 dives or so and that was it. finally i have given up downloading from my atom2. just do download from my other dc (non-oceanic). i gave up!!

So I spoke with the customer support group over there for this same issue... Unfortunatly we weren't able to duplicate consistancy with the couple of Atom 2.0s he had there. And As I tried several times I was able to get data out of the PDC once in the dozen or so times we tried. In any case, I'm sending them my unit to test, and hopefully they'll be able to reproduce the problem consistantly then. Once I get word back, (sometime after Easter for sure) I'll post the results.

Ken

I was having the same issue and after several frustrating hours trying to figure it out I ran across this on the Oceanic web site:

WHEN DOWNLOADING I RECEIVE A "TIME OUT" ERROR :
Chances are that the hardware cable is not correctly connected to your dive computer. Ensure that the Oceanic label is facing the same direction as the dive computer screen, and that it is securely installed. Visually inspect the connection to ensure that it is free from corrosion or debris.

Dohhh.. :lotsalove:

I guess it helps whe you dont put the plug in upside down.

Guys I have had the same issue and figured out what the problem is. When you insert the USB cable into the dive computer you must make sure the 3 brass pins (on the usb cable) are fully compressed (they are spring loaded) onto the dive computer terminals. Mine were off by about a millimeter. I have to flip the dive computer upside down (to view if they are touching perfect) and hold the usb cable just right so that the 3 pins are completely touching the brass terminals on the dive computer. Then while holding it in that perfect position quickly do the software download. Works flawless without any "TIME OUT" error!

It looks as if this is an issue with the USB cable interface in general. You would think for $100.00 it would be flawless! I am going to contact them about this.....others should too.

Hope this helps anyone else that is having issues.

--Dustin

Back
Top Bottom