OceanLog Pro Plus 2 dives Invalid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Guys,

I sent the following to tech support on the Oceanic website but have not gotten a response. I'm in a little rush as I'm leaving for Bonaire on Friday.

I have a Pro-Plus 2 that is about 6 years old. I got a new computer with Vista and installed OceanLog 2.x and the Windows Vista/7 32 BIT USB Driver. When I try to download dives it makes the handshake and appears to download all the dives from my PDC but when I select to save all dives they all turn up invalid. I tried this several times and the results are the same. I did not have a previous version of OceanLog on this computer. Thanks.

I would try to maybe dellete then re-install program. If it's making the connection and pulling up the dives then it seems like it's communicating. But once you select the dives and hit save does it load up the dives you selected? I believe it would show a little bar that you watch as it's saving and then once finished on each dive it would say completed. Does it make it to the end or does it just say invalid right from the start?

When is the last time you dove the unit, When was the last time battery was changed. There is a chance that if you changed the battery recently or changed it since last time you used it on the computer that some how it corrupted the dives it had saved.

I get the bar and see it progressing the download and when it gets to the end it says invalid. The last diving I did with it was Dec 8-10, about 7 dives. I guess the next thing I will try is new battery and then uninstall - reinstall. Thanks.

I had same problem, wouldn't do the final stage moving dives into log?
Support told me they think it was due to a corrupt file in ocean log. I started a new log and it downloaded as should.
So I un-installed program, re-installed (you will also need to re-install drivers!) and all working fine now.

Thanks DU. In the meantime the Oceanic tech did get back to me and mentioned some of the same things you did. I will try them tonight and update all tomorrow.

Just an update. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I also replaced the batteries in the Pro Plus 2 and also a Veo 180 that I didn’t mention before. So it may have been a little of both. I can download dives from both PDCs now. Unfortunately only the dives I did in Dec 2010 came back as valid on the PP2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom