OCi TLBG graph and alarm on first dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrcavallo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello. This morning i did my first dive with my new OCi with transmitter. I was extremely happy with the way it went - the display was clear and there was never an interruption with the transmitter. However I do have a question re an alarm that went off and the TLBG graph.

This was a simple offshore dive - no deeper than 8.5 meters and was mainly to test new equipment. Half way during dive we were sitting on ocean bed - about 8.3 meters for a few minutes. During this time an alarm went off showing the 'up' text - I did notice the TBLG bar was maxed. Nothin else seemed wrong so I turned it off and ignored the alarm.

Post dive my TLBG graph was still showing 5 bars and is now on 3 bars 4 hours later. This doesn't sound right to me after such a moderate and shallow dive.

Can anyone please help explain what has happened?

Thank you.

Mark.

Last edited:
Hello.

Second dive with the OCi today and the same thing happened. 20 mins in and at a depth of about 6m the TLBG was maxed and I heard the alarm with an UP text flashing. End of dive had a VIOLATION message which isn't nice, given there was nothin at all wrong with the dive.

I have decided to turn this alarm off for now. Tho not a good sign of a product when I am turning alarms off because they are not making sense.

I would really appreciate any input as to why this is happening.

Thank you.

Mark.

I am not from Oceanic but I do own an OCi and I don't have that issue. This might be a firmware issue? If your OCi is new, I reckon it has the 1E03 version instead of 1D03 which is on my OCi. I'd take it to your local dealer and get it examined soon. If that is the not the issue, see if you can send it back and get it fixed or have them replace a new one for you.

Good luck and safe diving.

Hello and thanks for the reply. I do indeed have Rev 1E03. So 1D03 is a better firmware version and I should downgrade? I will look into this and I appreciate you raising that as a possibility.

Nonetheless I would also appreciate hearing from Oceanic as a firmware downgrade is not really acceptable.

Cheers.

Mark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom