Octo Holder Recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Make your own necklace using bungee cord & a zip tie, or just bungee. The Internet, inc. uTube if full of instructions.

HUGELY better solution.

In what way is that "located in the triangle formed by your chin and the corners of your rib cage"?

I can see it leading to an OOA diver resorting to snatching your primary out of the owner's mouth.. and them not being able to easily reach back and grab it for themself.

I see it getting snagged on anything snagable.

I see it dropping out and the diver not noticing.

I see it sparking a lecture on 'proper diving practices' from every DM on every dive boat the diver books onto.

I see it leaking and draining air, without the diver noticing.

I see it getting damaged, without the diver noticing.

If someone was happy to use this, they could just save the money spent on a second-hand inner-tube and stuff the thing into a BCD pocket....

yep - looks like someone saw stage rigging, and really didn't understand its use....

I use a simple bungee loop with a cord stop to adjust the tension, and tied it to a D Ring. Tried just about everything. I can easily reinsert the reg if it is pulled out. and with the cord stop I can finely tune the tension.

Necklace... that's what I would recommend to anyone who asks the question. In all sincerity I can't think of a good reason not to have a necklace for the second.

Necklace... that's what I would recommend to anyone who asks the question. In all sincerity I can't think of a good reason not to have a necklace for the second.

Agree, but under the caveat of "long(er) primary" for donation. That isn't necessarily what is being taught though...

Hmm not too sure. How easily does it deploy? how visible is it to another diver when you are wearing BC?

In the case of an air share emergency, the first thing to do is to share your main regulator. Then deploy your octo and change back, as the octo has a longer hose, when the diver in emergency is calm. This should be no issue.
Up to now it showed to be easier to deploy than other octo holders.

Make your own necklace using bungee cord & a zip tie, or just bungee. The Internet, inc. uTube if full of instructions.

HUGELY better solution.

I did my own necklace with cord, but I still did not try it. I will next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom