October 2011, Who is visiting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

October's Lineup

MUFC: Sept 20-Oct 4 diving with BlueXTSea.

fzr400 + wife:
Oct 1-8 staying st Occidental Grand Cozumel.

waterchick and husband(non-diver):
Oct 1-14 staying and diving with Aldora.

Mahidoodi
:
Oct 1-8th , plus 2 other divers and another one getting certified. Staying at Iberostar, diving with Dressel Divers.

campbell + son: Oct 2-16 staying at Hotel Cozumel and Cozumel Palace and diving with Living Underwater.

Susanita + family(non-divers): Oct 3-13 Diving With Alison and staying at Las Ventanas.

Growing Older Not Up + 4: Oct 7-15 staying at El Presidente and diving with Aldora.

KJHorton: Oct 7-15, staying at Iberostar and Diving With Alison

TightLines + 2:
Oct 8 -14 staying at El Presidente and diving with Aldora.

Ron G.:
Oct 9-16 staying and diving with Blue Angel.

loudives + Nancy:
Oct 6-16 staying at Reef Regency and diving with Bottom Time Divers.

Turk9 and son Chris: Oct 10-15 - Suites Bahia, Aldora Divers.

HatchetJoe: Oct 10-21, Casa Mexicana, diving with Papa Hogs

Super0233: Oct 12-16 staying and diving at Blue Angel.

burrito: Oct 15-22 staying at Hotel Cozumel and diving with Dive Paradise.

leslief: Oct 15-25 Villa Blanca and Scuba Mau and Papa Hogs for Safari

ttriton and wife(non-diver):
Oct 19-23 staying at Cozumel Palace.

djdande and brother: Oct 16-22 staying at Suites Bahia diving with Aldora.

CJ76: Oct 19-26 in playa

Harry(Harro10) and Marianne(non-diver): Oct 20- 27 Casa Mexicana.

Bill(beechdiver) and Renate: Oct 22-29 Blue Angel

Blue steal + Non-diving wife:Oct 26-Nov 4. staying and diving with Blue Angel

Frank Storms + 3: Oct 28-Nov 6, Blue Angel

ColoDale and wife + 3:
Oct 28-Nov 6, Staying at Reef Regency and diving with Bottom Time Divers.

MarkCriders:
Oct 30 - Nov 6 staying at Hotel Cozumel diving with ScubaMau.

I will be in Cozumel Oct 23-29th, staying at Casa Del Mar and probably diving with Del Mar Aquatics, at least at the end of the week.

Cozumel 10/7-10/9-Villa blanca and Scuba Mau of course! Then over to PDC to Viva Wyndham Maya until 10/12. Unsure of Dive operator. Any suggestions?

I do have to admit to some concern after reading about Judy's case. It appears to be a very slight but real risk. We are bringing DEET and will avoid jungle activities on this trip.

CDC link:
CDC - Travel & Outbreaks - Dengue

Well, I read the online Por Esto newpapers and it *seems* things are a little different this year. bit more serious. Oddly, you might actually be safer in the jungle. The mossie responsible is the Aedes aegypti. Apparently he hides out around towns mostly. Bite during the day. Doesn't like the wind so he hides out inside or in protected places. Those big jungle blood suckers are not the carriers.

Well, I read the online Por Esto newpapers and it *seems* things are a little different this year. bit more serious. Oddly, you might actually be safer in the jungle. The mossie responsible is the Aedes aegypti. Apparently he hides out around towns mostly. Bite during the day. Doesn't like the wind so he hides out inside or in protected places. Those big jungle blood suckers are not the carriers.

I had heard that through the grapevine but did not know the source or the veracity of that information. We will be cautious about all the skeeters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom