octopus attack?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Typical TV drama. Take a fairly innocent scene and add a somber voice over guy, dramatic music and it becomes "Attack of the Killer Octopi!"

Diver Dennis:
Typical TV drama. Take a fairly innocent scene and add a somber voice over guy, dramatic music and it becomes "Attack of the Killer Octopi!"

AMEN: after all if it can't maim or kill you, it ain't worth seeing

i have seen where octo's are both very terretorial and also cannabalistic. it could be that the diver interupted a lenghty stalk. the one hiding in the open most likely was just sitting and waiting to see if the smaller one would emerge from the rock. im a big guy and if im in a HUNGRY mood i dont tend to like interuptions. LOL or it could be that re-incarnation is real and the octo in question is a former star or famous figure who never got his/her chance to getr back at the paparatzi......weak, but a theory non the less...lol.lol.lo...hehehe...he....eh.........ha....eh...ok, not funny i know.

Thank goodness the cameraman didn't try to help his buddy. We would have missed out on some fine video.

Charlie59:
Thank goodness the cameraman didn't try to help his buddy. We would have missed out on some fine video.

Who do you think threw the octopus on his buddy? :wink:

Maybe they dove the plan. Let the octo attack/defend itself, film it, and get some publicity. Stunt.

Back
Top Bottom