Odd doubles set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How are you guys so sure what the diver is doing on that dive?
I've used doubles this way when I'm shallow and just want more air. Maybe they are working with what they have and don't want to do any dive on a smaller single. looks like the regs are not technically configured regardless.

who said they were sure? Everyone here is commenting on a photograph, much like you're doing :)

"We heard you needed divers, were here."
"Did you bring your own gear?"
"No, there was no time."
"There's some gear over there, put together whatever you need."

How's that for speculation?

This is amazing. Hard to believe it is not a rebreather only requirement for rescuers. Tough, sad work. I wish the rescuers all the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"We heard you needed divers, were here."
"Did you bring your own gear?"
"No, there was no time."
"There's some gear over there, put together whatever you need."

How's that for speculation?

I think you're spot on. They look like military divers who rushed out there and assembled whatever equipment they could find.

"rescue" is the wrong word... its "recovery" - the whole thing sucks

Is the guy on the right wearing a wetsuit? With 3mm gloves. In those temps? Really?

When I dove with US navy salvage divers a few years ago they had manifolded AL100's with a single outlet in the center and an old Conshelf reg. It didn't make sense to me but to be fair they do most of their diving in hardhat.

Well, a civilian diver has drowned a few days ago.

Why would you dive with all that extra weight of a second tank never being able to be used? Someone mentioned not having to break down their rig to swap tanks. Really? is that really that difficult? And you'd rather dive with an extra tank on your back just to not switch out a bottle?

Not enough equipment? So they have an extra tank available with the backplate and bands to hold the tanks but not an extra reg?

I don't have answers, that's why I posted the picture in the first place. Just seems crazy and pointless to wear that amount of equipment to not be used (in regular practice or emergency).

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom