Odd OxTox Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What surprised me in the article was that caffeine had a protective effect. I've now got a good excuse for having a latte before getting in the water!

Yeah, I've been using that one for awhile now...

Caffeine isn't a drug, its an oxtox inhibitor... Just another piece of equipment to take on a dive...

Although I am not a neurologist, as far as I know, all seizures are thought to begin with some type of irritable focus, and then generalize or spread across a wider area of cortex. The only "difference" I can think of between withdrawal seizures and idiopathic epilepsy is that seizures that occur during withdrawal are due to a temporary change in excitability in the neurons which will resolve with time, whereas idiopathic epilepsy may be due to an anatomic abnormality, or fixed excitable focus. This is the basis for the ablation procedures which are sometimes done to control seizures which cannot be adequately managed with medication.

Thanks!

Blister

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom