Odd travel wing question ... and wing pos. adjustment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks.
Got the general setup, just got thrown for a loop about the dump and the inflator port being on the same side... (usually I see them on opposite sides). So in this case I have them both on the tank side of things and yes, the hose comes over the top on the left then and “big duh !!!" If I turned the wing over instead, the inflator hose would be on the right side. ... It took your reply for me to catch up with the obvious...

Pic below in reply to @Marie13 :
View attachment 490615

That one looks unusual to me. Actually, I have three wings (one is very old and rotten) and they all have it on the same side. If, for example, you were to bungee the sides of the wing to the tank to reduce drag then it might be easier to access the dump valve with the Dive Rite configuration that you have pictured. Ordinarily, though, the dump valve is easier to access when positioned away from the diver. My Zeagle has two dump valves at the bottom and both are away from the diver and very easy to access.

Thanks all. I did a temporary immediate fix by having the wife use the daughter's BCD (well, who will end up with which is TBD, by them) and I am looking into an adapter that works with SSI or Air2 and goes onto a regular regulator hose..
and I am prepared to just put a normal inflator assy on the travelewing if anything funny was going on with the SSI (TBD)...

As another new to me observation:
If I replace the inflator assy (hose and all with one from a hog wing ... pending on who will use the SSI in the end) it seems like I have to keep the large, plastic port-nut with the wing as the hog nut does not fit so well onto the transpac wing (deeper nut, does not seat deep enough and feels to tight on the travelwing, whereas the (hog) elbow itself does appears to fit .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom