OFWF Gathering - Kingston August 28/29 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to kinda play it by ear here, because of work obligations, but if I can possibly make it, I will be there!

I'll likely be camping, at the KOA in mallorytown

Did a little searching and these are the ones were looking at:

Comfort Inn Midtown:

Has a Golden Griddle adjacent

http://www.kingston.on.canada.freehotelguide.com/Comfort-Inn-Midtown.html

Days Inn Hwy 401:

Has Dennys on site

http://www.kingston.on.canada.freehotelguide.com/Days-Inn-Kingston.html

On Expedia.com they are:

Comfort - $92.69
Days - $101.00

Since they are both basically the same class, we're leaning towards the comfort since it's closer to downtown and other restraunts. The Days Inn does have a pool - but we probably won't ever use it.

Expedia also has the Kingston West Thriftlodge for $85.50. The super saver award goes to Travelocity.ca who has the Thriftlodge East for $69.00. I've never had good experiences at Thriftlodges - stayed at 2 - never again - not too clean in my books. So, for a few dollars more, I think we'll probably stay at the Comfort Inn.

We'll be checking in Friday night, and out Sunday afternoon.

Talked to my group and they want the comfort midtown so were booked. One small corection, it is $101 if you need two double beds.

Scuba Duffer:
Talked to my group and they want the comfort midtown so were booked. One small corection, it is $101 if you need two double beds.
OK, I just booked us into the same hotel. Almost booked into the other Comfort Inn, not realizing there were 2 in the Kingston area. The link showed a higher rate, but booking through CAA brought it down to the $101 you mentioned.
So, charter is paid for, hotel is booked, vacation time booked, am I forgetting anything? :wink:

Spike The Shark:
Booking time to hang out with me, perhaps
But, I have hung with you, before you and your fin buddy were so famous. Have you forgotten us little people already? :17:
Well, allrighty then, I'll just dive with your finny buddy's former partner, I'm sure he'll remember me.

As in shores dives somewhere. We should be. Our 12 year old starts his OW coursae tonight (and is he wired), should have his jr cert by then. So he won't be able to dive on the charter due to depth, so will probably want to do a shore dive or 2. Any idea what's there in the 30 foot (or slightly more) range? IF, we get an early enough start on Sunday, we might stop on the way past and do the Connie. He snorkelled it last year at the OFWF dive and I know he'd love to get a closer look. He also desires to become a 'groundhog', so needs to rack up 50 dives his first year.

We'd be up for all sorts - either shore or more charters. Whatever, we just love to dive!!!!!

Not sure my wallet can withstand more charters. :) When time permits wil have to do further research on what's available as a shore dive close by.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom