Ohio Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you get the DVD?
Ber :lilbunny:

:shakehead: I was going to get it, but my DB/daughter got me side tracked on the cats running around that jumped into our car while the door was open. I would love to go back to Gilboa, but it is 12 hours away from home.

I like them all.. White Star is my obvious favorite :) great visibility consistently, and it is more spread out, same number of underwater sites as Gilboa just spread out farther, then Gilboa is my second (first if you are into deep Deep DEEP diving) and it has more agressive fish and the paddle fish are AWESOME, I worked there for a while with the previous owner and we sunk a lot of stuff.. I built the site they call "the tower" while I worked there. Third would be Portage, it is the easiest to enter the water of all the quarries and the fish are awesome but I am not into the party atmosphere that is there topside.. if the vis is good the diving is great but the vis isnt always good.

I have been to Whitestar and Gilboa this dive season and have had a good time always...

cant say I am not biased though :)

Dive safe,

Rich

I built the site they call "the tower" while I worked there.

Dive safe,

Rich

Really? Sooooo, can you tell us if it is what it was supposed to be and if it's supposed to be laying down? Quite an intriguing piece and the students are always asking. Pretty please? :blinking:

Really? Sooooo, can you tell us if it is what it was supposed to be and if it's supposed to be laying down? Quite an intriguing piece and the students are always asking. Pretty please? :blinking:

It was originally supposed to be much bigger with decking and it would look like a broken up schooner... the cost and the time involved made it a pretty daunting task.. that and the fact it was going to be REALLY heavy... We made it out of old telephone poles bolted together donated by edison... they took a Long time to drill together. The final product is a lot different... it was banged together to get it out of the top of the hill... it was built at campsite just at the deep side overlooking the trailer pushed into the water with barrels attached.

It was an ambitious project but like most ambitious projects it was cut short and taken as is. I kind of like how it turned out.. I was amused by the DVD's description of it and the artistic license that makes history so much more fun to research. Only a couple of people knew whatwas planned for it.

Have fun with it!

Rich

Thanks Rich! That's too cool!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom