Ok, any one use this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not very sure what the advantage is, honestly. You trade a smooth outer surface that can't catch or jam for the convenience of. . . not having to clip off a double ender? (And unless your line ends up precisely where you want it, it seems to me you're going to have to use a double-ender to keep the line from unspooling further, anyway.)

I'll be interested in the reviews, but this looks like an equipment solution to a non-problem to me.

It can't unspool further once it is "cookied" onto the jump line you just installed, because it can't turn.

I understand what Lynne is saying. How do you carry it? Dive Rite says a piece of bungee and a bolt snap. Double ender seems easier.

Interesting.... Worst case, it ends up in my hunting or camping gear. I see plenty of uses there too for it.....

Um...just for the info of posters, it's not a mini spool,

Finger spool ... mini spool ... cookie spool.

You say tamato, I say tomato.

One could take a finger spool put a few notches in it and viola a mini finger cookie spool or whatever one wants to call it. It is a variation on theme. Call it what you want.

I understand that the spool can't turn once it's clipped into the line, but nothing is then keeping the line from unspooling except tension. If you, for example, ran the line around a placement to bring it in at a right angle, and the line slipped off the placement, that tension would be gone, and then nothing prevents the line from unspooling just from its weight. Also, you still have to clip it to store it in a pocket, right? So you don't get "rid" of a clip.

I dunno. Maybe this is a great gadget. I love my little Dive Rite jump reel, and I know people who would say that's not necessary, either. But I want to hear some feedback from people who buy this before I get all excited. I bought a Spreel, years ago, and learned to my chagrin that that wasn't a good idea. Spools are just darned simple, which is the best thing about them.

I do like my white arrow though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand that the spool can't turn once it's clipped into the line, but nothing is then keeping the line from unspooling except tension. If you, for example, ran the line around a placement to bring it in at a right angle, and the line slipped off the placement, that tension would be gone, and then nothing prevents the line from unspooling just from its weight. Also, you still have to clip it to store it in a pocket, right? So you don't get "rid" of a clip.
I think you are maybe not quite understanding how it works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom