Ok, I Am Trying...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first month of dieting plus swimming has just finished and I celebrated it with a pizza, Coke and a large ice cream... :)

My stomach was not too pleased to receive all that food in one go but what's done is done...

The results are the I lost 7 Kgs in a month and that my swimming/diving skills improved a lot...

Yesterday I did my first dive since I started all that stuff and I must admit that my semidry suit fit me like a glove but without any effort to put it on...
Moving tanks, getting on and off the boat was a piece of cake and I even reduced the amount of lead on my waist belt...
Who could ask for more ???

Just one question, one month and 7 Kgs less, is it ok, too much or too little ???

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Great Job! Keep it going...

When you reach a goal, try rewarding yourself with non-calorie prizes. In other words, don't use food as a reward... (something I must tell myself constantly as well)..

I usually "cheat" 1 -2 times a week (one meal, maybe one time a desert).. This is not a reward, per se, but a way to keep myself in check.

When you start loosing weight, it will come off quick, when I started I lost quite a bit in the first month.. it has slowed down (2 - 3 lbs a week) lately.. and some weeks, I either hold or loose only 1 lb. That is OK, as long as it's not going up.. :)

Not sure what 7 kgs. equates to in lbs.. (10 - 11 lbs ?) but for the first month, it is not bad for you.. you will start to see the weight loss requiring more effort as time goes on.. Don't get discouraged. Keep up the better eating habits and the exercise.

As with many things in life, it will take TIME..

This
I
Must
Earn

Again.. Great Job!

Just a few lines to inform you that I nearly got hold of how to breath correctly while swimming...
It is not 100 per cent correct but starting from zero I think I reached 90 per cent...

Coach said that I improved my style a lot and that my legs are moving correctly, fellow course started to say that I am doing ok, you know, they noticed me...
I am pretty proud of myself even if I must try to swim longer distances without stopping too often...

Tonight, after the shower, I passed in front of a mirror and apart from being vain it looks like that the shape of my body is changing...
Not more that 5 weeks ago I got some sort of small "Tits" :) tonight they look harder and "Squared"...
Was it some sort of narcosis or is it really true ???

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Sounds like you're making great progress with your swimming, Erik! Just think... once you *get it*, you've *got it* for life! :wink:

I agree with countryboy about rewarding yourself with something other than food. (I know for myself at least that once I get back on chocolate, for example, it becomes very hard to get off it.)

countryboy,

7 kg = 15.432358352941431 lbs :D (I have a converter bookmarked on my browser.)

annasea:
Sounds like you're making great progress with your swimming, Erik! Just think... once you *get it*, you've *got it* for life! :wink:

I agree with countryboy about rewarding yourself with something other than food. (I know for myself at least that once I get back on chocolate, for example, it becomes very hard to get off it.)

Thanks for support, it's nice to have people who support...

Regarding reward apart from food I could spend money for other scuba toys, DVDs or CDs...

Is it true that you are not a certified diver ???

If you are not afraid of big red cats and music playing almost non-stop catch a plane to Italy, you could finish your OW course here, water is certainly warmer here rather than in Canada... :)

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Erik, great job on the weight loss and the swimming.

Although I can swim, I do so with little style.. One day I may be looking to you for help!

Erik Il Rosso:
Cameron, I have just bought your book (PDF format), it looks absolutely interesting...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Erik,

Thanks, and I'm glad things have turned around for you in your swimming group! Nothing like getting rid of a set of man boobs. <g>

Keep at it, and keep us posted!

Cameron

Erik Il Rosso:
Thanks for support, it's nice to have people who support...

Regarding reward apart from food I could spend money for other scuba toys, DVDs or CDs...

Is it true that you are not a certified diver ???

If you are not afraid of big red cats and music playing almost non-stop catch a plane to Italy, you could finish your OW course here, water is certainly warmer here rather than in Canada... :)

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

My pleasure, Erik. :) I know what it's like to struggle with swimming; having (sort of) learned it as an adult as well.

Yes, it's true. I tried taking an OW course here in Vancouver but decided not to complete it due to a variety of reasons. I'm supposed to be leaving for Florida this Tuesday to try again. Wish me luck! :wink:

As for diving in Italy, who cares?! It's Italy!!! :D I would love to come back just for a visit! (I haven't been to Europe in over a decade. :frown2:) From the little that I saw of it (Rome, Florence, Venice), I loved Italy! Despite almost being robbed by a gypsy child, I had a fabulous time both times I visited.

Besides Italy, have you done much diving in the Mediterranean? I'd be curious to know what the diving is like near Greece, for example. Any thoughts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom