OK to Bounce Dive to 220 Fsw as...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

he was using a scubapro mk25, beloved of tec divers everywhere

This does seem to be received wisdom, but I don't like them. I've had cold water freeflows with them too often, and I find them temperamental. My overall favourite is the Poseidon Jetstream (I don't like the X-stream at all) and various Apeks are very good as well. I also find the performance of several Aqualung regs remarkably good.

Most of what you say does seem to be good sense though.

This does seem to be received wisdom, but I don't like them. I've had cold water freeflows with them too often, and I find them temperamental. My overall favourite is the Poseidon Jetstream (I don't like the X-stream at all) and various Apeks are very good as well. I also find the performance of several Aqualung regs remarkably good.

Most of what you say does seem to be good sense though.

They're simply fantastic in waters warmer than 45 degrees F (7.2 C). No problems, highly reliable.

Truly frigid waters are not their target market, but for the rest of the world, they're awesome.

I used to sell and use them here in Belize but no longer. By "temperamental" I mean that they seemed to lose their "tune" very readily, and needed constant adjustment. The Aqualung Titans I adopted for rental use are absolutely trouble free, and breathe easily down to silly depths. I've used them below 300ft with no reservations at all. Not so any of the Scubapro range. I used to like the MkII as a basic rental reg, but that's totally eclipsed by the Titan.

They're simply fantastic in waters warmer than 45 degrees F (7.2 C). No problems, highly reliable.

Truly frigid waters are not their target market, but for the rest of the world, they're awesome.

couldn't have said it better...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom