OK, who's got trips planned??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to Belize end of January. It will be my first time in that part of the world. All my dives have been in the Pacific, cold and murky.
This will probably spoil me

I am just wrapping up some of the details, this for a June trip. We leave Mich and go to Cairns for 12 days, we'll be on the GBR on a liveaboard for four nights @ Osprey Reef , on to the North Horn, then over to Cod Hole and from there to Pixie Reef and then over to Agincourt Reef. On other days we intend to see the Daintree Rainforest, do the Skyrail to Kurunda, maybe see some of the "out back" , Port Douglas and anything else ( if you have any ideas I'm open). Then we fly to Hawaii ( the Big Island) for three nights and then on to Maui for 5 more nights. We'll be diving with Mantas, on Hawaii and we are doing Molokini and Lanai from Maui. The tough part is staying home when we usually go away spring break.
Caymaniac :bonk:

bad trial early in January then...18th Coz!!

El Cid & Papa Hogs! Can hardly wait!
It's the American Federation of Trolls
annual convention.:D

Two weeks in Bonaire.....flight leaves in about 34 hours! Yippeeeeeee!

Okinawa in either August or October.

you should drive the 5 hours south to Townsville and dive the wreck of the Yongala - its in only 18-30 metres of water and is INCREDIBLE!!!! There are several liveaboards that go there for a couple days. Contact Diving Dreams - they were great!

Also, what boat are you doing the Osprey reefs with? Is it Undersea Explorer???? If so, you'll have an AMAZING time!!

We will be on the "Diversity", do you know anything about this boat? Also we have thought of seeing the Yongala, but five hours is a long ride to Townsville, are there any boats that do day trips out of Cairns or is this too big of a trip out to the Yongala. What else can I do out of Cairns, we were thinking, Karunda - Daintree forest?
Caymaniac:rolleyes:

Sorry Caymaniac, don't know much about the "Diversity"... only liveaboard I've been on up north is "Aquarius III". I'm sure it'll be incredible though!

Lots of lovely beaches in Port Douglas - "Four Mile Beach" is just idyllic! And if you're there in June, its safe jellyfish-wise (they have the jellyfish nets out from about November to April/May).

As for the Yongala - I don't think there are any boats that leave Cairns, they pretty much all depart from Townsville, and it is approx 5 hours from Townsville so it would be MUCH longer from Cairns, so its probably not worth the boat's petrol money!!

It would be a real shame if you were to come all the way to Nth Qld and then not do it, but as you said, 5 hours is a long drive from Cairns to Townsville... However, there are loads of things you could do along the way - maybe stay a nite at Hinchinbrook Island, stop off at Mission Beach, lots of lovely coastline to enjoy! But yes, it is a long drive.

Regardless, you'll have such an incredible time in the coral sea, enjoy yourself and "best fishes"!

Cheers

Im heading to Grand Bahama Island in May. Staying at Ocean Reef Yacht Club and diving out of Grand Bahama Scuba. Plan to dive Theo's Wreck, Mama Rose Wreck, and some reefs. Not sure about doing Shark Junction. This will be my first salt water dive, so meeting the sharks might can wait, although Im sure I'll see some on my other dives. Heading to Pensacola Beach in late August. Not sure about the quality of diving in that area, but surely there is a couple of dives worthwhile. That trip is mostly a beach, fun in the sun type trip anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom