Okay, choice time: Suunto D9 or VR3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't understand why people need a dive computer that can play games and you can read e-books on...

the big selling point for me was the upgradeability. Supposedly, you will never have to buy another dive computer. You can even send in a mono unit for the color screen upgrade... if you wanted to. I was told the color screen was harder to read and not worth the $400 or so to upgrade over the mono screen so I wont be upgrading. I use the dive computer for safety, not entertainment. S-drills are my entertainment during deco.

Another selling point was the user changeable AA battery the VR3 uses.

I also liked the dive planning feature. It works a lot like vplanner.

And last but not least, when I am ready to do trimix, I can upgrade to the trimix program. When I am ready for SCR or CCR, I can upgrade to the appropriate program. The upgrade is done by entering a pin into the VR3... that is it. No downloading from computer to upgrade. No sending it in to upgrade. Punch in the 16 or so digit pin and poof the VR3 is ready to provide the new capability.

These are some of the reasons I chose the VR3 over competitors. Oh, by the way, it is built like a tank.

Carl

SparticleBrane:
I don't understand why people need a dive computer that can play games and you can read e-books on...
Long deco comes to mind. Remember, we are talking about a Trimix computer here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom