Okay-so I've gone Oceanic wild! Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is probably not necessary to use the Octo-bulb, but it shouldn't hurt your mouthpiece to use one of those protectors.

Hi even though I am not too fond of the mouthpiece covers that you are referring to, as I have had a couple of problems with them over the years. There were a few incidents where I have pulled the reg and or octopus out only to find that the mouthpiece decided to stay inside the cover rather than staying on the regulator.

It is, however, a good idea to store your regualator with them on. I have seen more than my share of creatures that decided to make the inside of the second stage there home. The creepiest being a nest of spiders. If you don't have the covers or decided to get rid of them I would suggest storing the reg in a regulator bag. Oceanic just came out with a new one that I really like. The bag is round which makes it easier to coil your regulator in to it. I saw it at the Dive show in Orlando the day before yesterday and am hoping that my boss ordered some for the store because I am going to pick one up for myself as soon as they arrive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom