Old Ingersoll Rand Surplus Compressor Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice. Are those interstage separators auto drain (with solenoid) or manual? Is the final separator auto or manual? Sounds like all you need is filtration and an air test and you're all set. If you do sell it as a breathing air compressor, consider changing the mineral oil out for a diesther synthetic compressor oil.

Value? What the market will bear. For a 13 CFM of that vintage, I'd start around $5k and see where it goes.

The first, second, and third stage condensate traps collect together and lead to what the schematic shows is an auto condensate, which is solenoid operated. There is an aftercooler condensate trap that is also solenoid operated that acts as the 4th stage condensate trap.

What type of synthetic diester oil would you recommend?
Thanks for the info!!

Thanks for the info again. The interstage drains are solenoid operated and there is also a manual drain on the 4th stage as well as a solenoid operated drain on the 4th. I got the engine running yesterday, runs like a champ!! The compressor and engine are coupled with a lever operated clutch and it works and engages the compressor. I can hear air being compressed but I need to do more work on which valves to open and close because there are quite a few valves, 17 to be exact, some manual and some automatic.

Whatever IR recommends for that compressor. Give me a weight (30 or 40) and we'll go from there.

One of the local dive shops had one of those for a long time and they used the 751 synthetic from Nuvair. It would probably still be pumping had they stayed open.

Thanks for the info on the oils used. I really appreciate your help with this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom