Old logo vs new logo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

more freedom won't come without a change in the harness design. Luckily for about $15 and an hour of time you can swap the Transplate to a one piece harness *all the expensive bits are already there, just have to buy the webbing*. Either way, both will be an improvement to the Hollis rig.

I got my TransPlate setup in 2011 and love it. Since then, a lot of friends have bought TransPlate setups, and I've helped them or local dive shops set them up. The biggest differences I've seen over the past 4 years are the right shoulder velcro epaulet no longer comes with it (I took it off mine, as it serves no useful purpose), the left shoulder epaulet that says Dive Rite is a little thinner, the chest strap connector is a single piece of machined stainless instead of a few D-rings, and now the tail end of the 2" chest strap feeds on the bottom of the chest strap instead of over the top (biggest change). By feeding the tail of the chest strap back up the bottom, it's a lot easier to adjust sizing without having to take as much apart. In any case, it's an excellent setup and you should thoroughly enjoy it compared to the Hollis

If you didn't get a crotch strap with your new setup (you didn't list that), definitely get one

The last I checked, Dive Rite is good about keeping older instruction manuals for products on their web site, so you can see the differences in how the TransPlate is set up over the years. Their videos are also really helpful

Hey guys,
New Logo came out in 2008, I know I can't believe its been that long.

As for the differences, the main difference will be the way the shoulders are weaved. For the past 3 years or so we have been using the new chest plates that were released with the TransPac XT. They make adjusting the shoulder or adding d-rings a lot easier because they don't require double weaving the webbing back up the shoulder.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Jared

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom