Old repair kits - when are they too old?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

common sense with reg repair might be take a formal manufacterer"s service course and then you get to assume your own liability

Scuba myth:shakehead:

Availability of MFGR service courses is generally limited to authorized dealer employees/contractors. And you still must get parts thru the authorized dealer. OTOH, youi don't need some inadequate mfgr course to assume your own liability.

Besides soft parts degredation with age, modern kits may have updated materials and parts that are not backwards compatible. Or they might work just fine. You really need to know what has changed since the early '90s to decide what is usable and with what restrictions.

Thanks for that. I kinda thought that might be the case having read comments from yourself and DA Aquamaster elsewhere.

I just noticed something else: there are two people selling g250 rebuild kits on ebay right now. Both list the same part number.
  • One kit ad states "sealed" - but it's not, the staples are removed and there is no plastic poppet in the poly bag.
  • The other kit has the poppet, but it's a two piece poppet. You mentioned quite some time ago that this has been revised to a one piece poppet.

Hope I've got the facts right!

Just thought I'd leave this note for anyone else that might be interested - or bidding on that stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom