OLD THREAD--Continental - What a load...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I called Continental after Hurricane Rita struck my home and business. I had a trip scheduled for diving in Palau three weeks later. I was not going to be able to go as there was some damage to repair. I expected that there would be some major fees to change the trip to January. There were no charges and the reservation agent could not have been nicer.

Just trying to make a point that they are not all bad.

dnhill

Bicster:
keybang.gif
That is too funny! Made me bust out laughing while I'm supposed to be working. Shhhh

RiotNrrd:
FYI, the lastest on why Continental stinks...

OK, so I'm still not thrilled with how everything went, but now that I'm down here, I'm glad I perservered. You would not believe how nice it is right now. Tons of fish, a couple octopus, lots of eels, 4 tiger sharks, some rays, a big (2+ feet!) porcupine fish, several toadfish, lobsters galore, all manner of critters and creatures.

If you can work around the airline schedules, come down here. It's beautiful in the water. THe city is still a little bruised, but we haven't really had any kinds of problems at all (other than actually getting here).

RiotNrrd

RiotNrrd:
Tons of fish, a couple octopus, lots of eels, 4 tiger sharks, some rays, a big (2+ feet!) porcupine fish, several toadfish, lobsters galore, all manner of critters and creatures.
RiotNrrd

i just love the order of attractions. octopus and eels come before tiger sharks not to mention that the giant porcupine fish gets an exclamation mark... Man, i would have paid a bundle to see four tigers. spread the word. it'll keep the cruise ship tourists out of the water.

Tom Smedley:
I kind of agree with SpeedoLouie - you go to a place that has just experienced a natural disaster and you expect everything to be normal. Heck - I would pay $66 for the ferry and taxi gladly just for the adventure.
Ditto for us, too. AA cancelled our DFW-COZ on Dec 3rd, COZ-DFW Dec 10th. So now we get to go into Cancun on 12/4 and leave out of Cancun on 12/12. Bummer. We're forced to stay an extra day and dive (I'm smiling here, folks). Life's an adventure. I bought a Spanish phrase book, plenty of pesos and got the details from the folks at AquaSafari on how to get from Cancun to Coz. My advice? Everybody who's Coz-bound: relax and enjoy the challenge. You'll have great stories to tell your grandkids.

docmartin:
i just love the order of attractions. octopus and eels come before tiger sharks not to mention that the giant porcupine fish gets an exclamation mark... Man, i would have paid a bundle to see four tigers. spread the word. it'll keep the cruise ship tourists out of the water.

Ummm. About those tiger sharks? Uhhh... I found out later they were nurse sharks. Oops. Sorry to get everyone all excited. I thought I heard someone on the boat say they were tiger sharks, but when I later looked them up in the Humann/Deloach guide, it turns out they were nurse sharks. Still pretty neat though.

As far as the order goes... I was kind of in sensory overload from all the stuff I was seeing, so I got very stream-of-consciousness. But in all honesty, the sharks are not that much of a big deal to me - they are neat, but I don't get that excited about them. I like the really strange looking fish more.

RiotNrrd

Oh darn! After the tiger sharks I saw on my last trip to the Bahamas, I thought that they were starting to proliferate and follow me around. Oh well, A nurse shark is better than none, right?:wink: Seriously, it doesn't matter specifically what is down there- the idea is to enjoy what is there, and Cozumel has always delivered on that point. Two weeks to go! (provided that something else doesn't go wrong again:51: )

Just got back from a week at the Hotel Cozumel and dove with Dive Paradise and I must say it was wonderful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom