Older OMS Wing Bladder Repair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100ftdown

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I made the mistake of purchasing what I thought would be some equipment to try out diving with a BPW. Turns out the bladder was leaking and one of the seals crumbled when I took it apart. I haven't had any luck locating a replacement bladder Is this repairable or am I out of luck?

PXL_20240305_190052280.jpg

PXL_20240305_185921284.jpg

PXL_20240305_134435151.jpg

What are going to use the wing for? This is a wing designed for double tanks.

It came with an STA. This was going to be my stepping stone into doubles.

Is the pc that's crumbling. Separate of the bladder? Kinda looks like it...
If it is, and the bladder is fine,
When you get a new bulkhead fittings I believe its comes with a new rubber ring.
Or if the fitting are good, make a new rubber. Or check out the bulkhead fittings in a good hardware store.

i think the old bladder flanges were sonic welded directly to the bladder. same issue with jacket bcds being unrepairable.

Ah ole OMS bungie wing of death (BWOD). That wing is in no way compatible with a single cylinder. Many would say that wing is in no way compatible with double cylinders. The buoyancy is something like 60lbs which more than needed for most.

As for repairing it. @runsongas said it best:
just write it off as a loss. get a more modern non-bondage wing. if you really need to keep it cheap, look into an older horseshoe wing from like dive rite/halcyon/oxycheq.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom