Oly4000 vs. Nikon Coolpix4300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HMan once bubbled...
As a follow up to your thread, there is no problem using the Nikon Coolpix 4300 with any slave strobe. I am posting here images taken using this camera with the Fantasea CP-4 Pro Housing and
a basic Nikonos SB 105 flash. As basic as you can get. http://www.pbase.com/hman/red_sea_images&page=all
Howard

OMG Dude! Those pix are awesome. The reds that came out are just too cool. I'm so glad you posted this about the nikon. I have looked at both in the store and the nikon "just feels better" in my hand for land shots. I couldn't really find anything about strobes on the Nikon tho, so thi has sealed the deal for me.

HMan...I sure do wish you had a housing for the CP880!

Are those pictures directly out of the camera or have they been manipulated? The reason I ask is the colors appear very intense, more than I would expect from camera alone.

Aloysius once bubbled...

I just ordered a C-4000 and PT-010 along with the YS-90DX strobe. I can't wait to get them, but we won't really get to use them much until our October trip to Roatan.

If you do a search for posts by me, any pictures that I have posted (except where I have explicitly stated otherwise) were taken with a 4000 plus PT-010 housing. They are examples of what a complete novice can do with one, so expect that or better - some of them are actually alright...

Dave

Ok, I just got home with my new Coolpix4300. Battery is in the charger now.
The things you have control over with this camera are so much more than what I have with my old sony. The portrait focus (5 point focal metering) alone is worth it.
Will be ordering the housing from fantasea in ...oh....5 milliseconds!

Back
Top Bottom