Olympus SP-350 or Canon A640

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sometimes refurb is better than new... means they have replaced any parts that are somewhat faulty..Course I can see if you are going to spend that much money on a nice camera its worth it just to spend the little more for a new one in most cases.
Guess it would all depend on the warrenty/return policy of the retailer

Thanks Alcina...

now I am realy getting confused as to what to go with. I guess price right now is my problem. Just want to now if I can add strobe to the 360 or 375/380. Looking more at the 360 as I can get them rellativley cheap on e-bay plus the housig at Leisure pro. Would it be safe to assume that this would produce better pics then the old reefmaster film camera I had?:confused:

what are those refurbished ones worthh new?

A lot of times refurbished simply means they took a new camera and upgraded the firmware or swapped the CD for the crappy software to a newer version.

Larry C:
A lot of times refurbished simply means they took a new camera and upgraded the firmware or swapped the CD for the crappy software to a newer version.
If even that. A lot of refurbished items are store returns that, technically, since they've been sold before they can't legally be sold as "new" again. Most of them the person bought it, didn't like the size/color/weight whatever and sent it back. Once at the store it undergoes a technical inspection that everthying's ok and boom... Refurbished/recertified goods for sale.

I'll bite and go out on a limb here. I'm a newb at U/W photography and purchased the SP350 about 1 1/2 months ago and have go about 11 dives with it so far. As people have mentioned previously what swayed me to the Oly was

1: multitude of settings/features
2: Raw
3:price

Also as a newb I knew that I would be spending alot of time just learning how to use the camera in the first place as it can get overwhelming at times. With more use either U/W or topside you get alot better at shooting better pictures and understanding the limitations of the camera itself. The Raw makes a huge difference I think as I will use RAW alot more in the future and being able to try it out as a newb will only give me a head start later on if and when I upgrade to a more powerful camera.

Looks like you had fun on.. .and congrats on your marriage...
I was in Aruba last year... unfortunatly I didn't get to do any diving then.. bet ya a nickle I do the next time I go though. Course that will probably be a while.. have a bunch of other placed I want to go first...
But to let you in on a secret... .this is a no no now :)
scuba1%20109.jpg

Oh.. and while I am thinking of it.. just out of curiosity what group did you do your dives with.. sounds like you got tons of BT and actually sounds like you made more than 2 tanks with that amount of time.. course I could be reading more into it than that.

Back
Top Bottom