Trip Report Oman (South)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m_BK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Welcome to some scuba dives on the south coast of Oman.
I heard about the insider tip of the south some time ago. Now I had the opportunity to explore the waters around Mirbat close to Salalah. An untouched rich underwater world awaits you due to the emergence of nutrient-rich waters. At the dive sites we were always alone with the large schools of fish which can be found especially on the two wrecks.

It`s also good for some sightseeing. We explore the western part with it`s lonely beaches and camels. After that we take a look at the eastern part with the old town and the hills. We also discover the big desert for a overnight stay. At the end we come back to our resort at hawana salalah.

Nice vids thnx 4 posting

Cheers for the write up, only live down the road in Qatar. Will defiantly have to take a trip for a few dives

@m_BK

Which dive op did you use and can you post further information about them. Can you rent tanks and just go off and do some shore dives on your own?

I haven't dived that far south in Oman, although I've done a lot of off road exploration around the Dhofar region.

@m_BK

Which dive op did you use and can you post further information about them. Can you rent tanks and just go off and do some shore dives on your own?

I haven't dived that far south in Oman, although I've done a lot of off road exploration around the Dhofar region.
I dived with extra divers directly at mirbat. The hotel (wyndham) was crap and I think the divecenter closed in the meantime. There is another one called sumaharam close bye - they go to the same spots - if they still are open… All other centers are in salalah which is a one hour ride. Salalah for diving seems not to be interesting. So for Mirbat it‘s totally untouched and lonely - at the moment I think the liveaboard is maybe the best option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom