OMS 32 lb wing missing serial number

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bacaruda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Got my latest EBAY buy delivered from Canada today. A unused red OMS 32 lb wing.
After looking it over I got a little puzzled, finding that there is no serial number on the warning label.
Any ideas of why its missing? Any one heard of OMS Counterfeit wings?
It looks to be genuine with urethane backed inside.

Check if there is a tag with the serial number on the inner bladder. I received a Hog 32 with no serial number on the warning label on the outside shell, but there was a serial number written on the tag attached to the inner bladder.

Got my latest EBAY buy delivered from Canada today. A unused red OMS 32 lb wing. After looking it over I got a little puzzled, finding that there is no serial number on the warning label. Any ideas of why its missing? Any one heard of OMS Counterfeit wings? It looks to be genuine with urethane backed inside.

Nope, no label on inner bladder.
I will try to get in contact with the seller to see if he can help me out.

Check Lost&Found, maybe its there! :D

Jokes aside, I am not aware of any fake wings. My H wings have a label with the serial number on the wing itself, not on the warning label or the inner bladder. I am not sure if this "tag" can get lose. Maybe the owner removed it, could be stolen (not saying it is the case). Do they always put the serial on the OMS warning labels?

Check Lost&Found, maybe its there! :D

Jokes aside, I am not aware of any fake wings. My H wings have a label with the serial number on the wing itself, not on the warning label or the inner bladder. I am not sure if this "tag" can get lose. Maybe the owner removed it, could be stolen (not saying it is the case). Do they always put the serial on the OMS warning labels?

he he he... lost & found......

Well, there is a field on the label marked "serial number" (se pic OBS, not my wing). The label has not been tampered with. The wing is brand new and looks great in every aspect (aside the missing number). I will look at my friends oms-wing and see if we can find anything that will indicate a counterfeit. In the Ebay ad, the seller stated that the wing was part of a package deal and that he didn't need it. Ive heard of other OMS equipment being counterfeit, but never a wing. Maybe it's a piece taken of the production line of someone at the plant that needed some extra cash. (In other words, stolen)

Attachments

• oms serial.jpg
    oms serial.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 117
Where in Canada was the seller? Bunch stuff has been bought via stollen credit cards from places like DRIS and then sold via ebay. If from the Quebec area I would be looking for the serial to have been removed.

Last edited:
Where in Canada was the seller? Bunch stuff has been bought via stollen credit cards from places like DRIS and then sold via . If from the Quebec area I would be looking for the serial to have been removed.

Negative on both.

Number have NOT been removed. There has never been any number printed on the label. Totaly clean an untouched.

And no, Seller is not from Quebec.

It has a zipper to access the inner bladder. Does that indicate an older version?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom