OMS IQ question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But only the elimination of the pockets will make it easier for me to maneuver through the pilot house and other spaces of the United Carribean.

PS. We're talking up trips to both Hal's and Deerfield for the winter months. Will definitely keep you informed.

"Backplate pocket - Integrated pocket allows most backplates to slide in. A velcro flap keeps it there. Technically it is possible to dive with the backplate in place but not use the STA when diving a single tank. But I don't recommend this. I also like the fact that with the BP and STA, I can remove 8 pounds off my weight belt."

I dive the OMS IQ. I bought mine about a year ago. You can add a plate to the soft pack Without having to have the STA. While I have not personally done it, there is so much velco in the soft pack that it would stay put.

As for the weight pockets, someone on the board recommended the following and it has worked for me:

Instead of attaching the weight pockets to the front shoulder rings, attach them to you Soft Pack bottom back D-rings. The pocket wont slip forward and gets rid of the potential grab/snag point of running the clips down from the front rings.

As for the penetration issue, that I can't comment on for bulk, except to say that moving the clip point makes my rig more streamlined.

As for the pockets and weight, I put a max of 10 lbs for each ditchable pocket (total possible 20 lbs ditchable scenario if you have 10 pounds in each pocket) and then smaller amount of weights in the other two (no ditchable). I usual split my weight so I wouldn't drop ALL the weight if I ditch to have some, in theory, control [though I ONLY dive recreational].

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom